Looks of this watch make people confuse people as they don;t delate this kins of watch face with Swatch and I love the looks.
The original leather wrist band stole the show in those days and was good for 2 years before wearing out. Unfortunately finding the same strap was a challenge as I travelled in different countries since, I found but similar straps of Irony series in different countries which gave this watch a new flavor in time.
A few things I hate for the watch are:
* The genuine leather straps doesn't last more than 18-24 months on regular wear and then it's a struggle to find one as with time this watch is now entering into vintage category.
* Battery life of this particular piece is a little more than 2 years, and I have already made 3 trips to Swatch centers for the battery.
* The cost of this watch was almost 30-40% more than other swatch watches available at that time, and repeated strap & battery changes have added to the cost as well.
The many things I love of this one:
* The looks are so stylish and plain than many jazzy chronographs in the market.
* Genuine leather straps give a very very comfortable wear for this watch, I love the feel and the way it grips my wrist.
* The attention I still get when I wear it, in office even in parties or social gatherings, it still is a head turner.
Love this and may continue to spend on it for some more time, may gift it to my kid after a couple of decades as a special Dad's gift (aka my old man's timepiece). :)
The way the band is connected to the face of the watch makes it comfortable even on a small wrist (I'm on the second smallest hole punch), but it also quite easily fits any size (my dad's wrist is quite a bit larger than mine). I wouldn't say it's particularly masculine or feminine. Very easy to dress up or down.
I would suggest going to a store if you're going to buy this one because the leather on each band is so unique.
Thank you Swatch for making another great one!!
The price is a bit high but when you think about the value in the long run and the great service in case anything happens to it, I think it's worth it.... It's really sharp and I try to wear it every chance I get.